Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMPRODUCT

I posted this just a minute or to ago, and posted it as a reply to a
message...my apologies for the slip-up!!
Hi Group!
I'm back again, trying to solve a problem that Don Guillett so
correctly pointed out that needs to be addressed, and I thank you for
that Don!
I have a database that dynamically updates from log entries, which
in turn updates my charts, and they are working extremely well. The
problem is that I'm using SUMPRODUCT in every cell in my daily
database, and that is causing the log entries to become slower to
enter because the database recalculates on every entry, and my
formula
includes far too many cells in that calculation. I have entered a
dynamic named range "MyRange" that correctly includes only the rows
that are populated, but I haven't been able to include that named
range into the calculations for SUMPRODUCT. I have screenshots here
illustrate how everything is laid out:
http://www.elodgingatbristol.com/SUMPRODUCT.htm
Can that named range be used in the formula to limit how many
calculations that Excel has to do? Any advice is greatly
appreciated...I've beat my head against the wall for a couple of
weeks
trying different tips that I've seen in the groups, but can't get it
to work. Thanks very much in advance....
Ken