Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting an Excel worksheet

I have a worksheet that we are projecting the total number of policies sold
for 30 days. We need to calculate the run rate for the month to determine how
close we are to matching our goal. For example, we currently have a goal at
15000 policies to sell, we want to know using a run rate based on 11/10/2007
how close we are to our goal right now we are showing a number of 11250 which
if we keep the current trend we are going to be at a goal of 11250 and not at
15000. Can someone please help me with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take Nov as an example. There are 21 working days (Thanksgiving excluded).
To meet a monthly goal of 15,000 15000/21 policies must be sold each working
day.

Enter the working days in column A. In B1 enter:
=ROUND(15000/21,0)

In B2 enter:
=$B$1+B1 and copy down. We will see:

Thursday, November 01, 2007 714
Friday, November 02, 2007 1428
Monday, November 05, 2007 2142
Tuesday, November 06, 2007 2856
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3570
Thursday, November 08, 2007 4284
Friday, November 09, 2007 4998
Monday, November 12, 2007 5712
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6426
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7140
Thursday, November 15, 2007 7854
Friday, November 16, 2007 8568
Monday, November 19, 2007 9282
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9996
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10710
Friday, November 23, 2007 11424
Monday, November 26, 2007 12138
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12852
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 13566
Thursday, November 29, 2007 14280
Friday, November 30, 2007 14994

Notice the value at the end of the month is not exactly 15,000 but it is
very close.

To see how you are doing mid-month, just compare your actual cumulative
sales against the schedule of sales in column B for the date in question
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200755