Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default deduplicate rows matching three columns

I have a worksheet of names, DOB, and address info, among other items. I've
been asked to provide this list, minus another list having lastname,
firstname and DOB, and other items not in my worksheet. I can live with
small nits. I am probably going to get this request again, or be asked to
redo it differently, so I want something that is as good as it gets with
data from different sources. I do not see how I can match three different
columns with the lookup functions.
________
Greg Stigers, MCSA
remember to vote for the answers you like

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My worksheet has the following columns:
Last Name, First Name, middle, suffix, DOB, Phone, address1, address2, city,
state, zip
The worksheet that has the data I need to remove from my worksheet has:
Last Name, First Name, DOB
The data is small enough that a match in the second sheet is almost
certainly the same person as in the first sheet. So if for the three columns
in the second sheet, I can remove the corresponding row in the first sheet,
that meets the need. In fact, a match on last name and DOB is probably close
enough.
________