Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
D D is offline

Default Cell Format

Hi:

Can you please tell me what would be the reason that for an Access table
exported to Excel, in one col. I cannot format in any way the numbers? no
calculation works?
They display as numbers, formatted as numbers, but for ex. the sum is 0??

Thanks,

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In an adjacent column, put this

=ISNUMBER(A1) where A1 is the address of the cell in question

If it's a number, you'll see TRUE, if it's not, you'll see FALSE. What do
you see?
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"D" wrote:

Hi:

Can you please tell me what would be the reason that for an Access table
exported to Excel, in one col. I cannot format in any way the numbers? no
calculation works?
They display as numbers, formatted as numbers, but for ex. the sum is 0??

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
guessing here but the numbers were probably imported as text. look in the
formula bar and see if there is a leading apostrophe with the numbers. if so,
you will have to get rid of it. also check access and see how the number
column is formated.

regards
FSt1

"D" wrote:

Hi:

Can you please tell me what would be the reason that for an Access table
exported to Excel, in one col. I cannot format in any way the numbers? no
calculation works?
They display as numbers, formatted as numbers, but for ex. the sum is 0??

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
D D is offline

Hi Barb:

Yes, it is false? Can I do something?

Thanks all!

Dan

"D" wrote:

Hi:

Can you please tell me what would be the reason that for an Access table
exported to Excel, in one col. I cannot format in any way the numbers? no
calculation works?
They display as numbers, formatted as numbers, but for ex. the sum is 0??

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hmmm, I know of a way to do it for dates, but I'm not sure it will work in
this application. Save a copy just in case this doesn't work.

Select the column with the "numbers" in it.
Data - Text to Columns - I selected Delimited - I turned off all the
delimiters and set text qualifier to NONE - Next - Set column data format
to General - Finish.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"D" wrote:

Hi:

Can you please tell me what would be the reason that for an Access table
exported to Excel, in one col. I cannot format in any way the numbers? no
calculation works?
They display as numbers, formatted as numbers, but for ex. the sum is 0??

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
D D is offline