Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "Deactivating" Cells

I have two Excel files (both are lists using three columns) with the same
formatting. I cut and pasted several hundred rows from one file to another.
I'm constantly working in different areas of the worksheets and often have to
go to the end of the active area.
I have a problem in the worksheet from which I cut data. Whenever I use
CONTROL + END, I'm taken to the last active cell which, unfortunately, is the
last active cell in the worksheet I cut from. This cell is blank and about
500 rows below the last active cell in the altered worksheet.
How do I "deactivate" the cells I cut so that CONTROL + END will take me to
the last active cell in my altered worksheet?
I have tried doing the Unprotect to delete the data in the cells to no avail.
I've tried other ways, also to no avail. I try to solve problems on my own
but I've given up after three hours of trying.
Thanks To All Who Reply,
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Typically, to reset the "used range" you'd:

Delete all rows below the last data cell.
Delete all columns to the right of the last data cell.
Save the workbook.
(In older versions of Excel....Save/Close/Re-open the workbook)

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)