Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Concatenation in Excel 2003

I used to routinely use the concatenate formula in excel, with either syntax:
=CONCATENATE(A1,B1,C1) -OR-
=A1&B1&C1

Lately, sporadically, it just doesn't work, leaves my cell sitting with a
literal that looks like the formula rather than showing the concatenated
value. I don't have the Tool/Options/View Formula option checked, nor have I
used the Ctl-` command to turn this on or off. The only way I seem to be
able to get around this is by copying a concatenated formula option out of
help and pasting it, and then editing it to suit my situation, the Insert
Function does not work, either. I HAVE checked my formulas VERY CAREFULLY
for misplaced spaces or commas, etc., and I can't find any typos. Any
suggestions?