Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Incremental Numbering whitin a formula

I need to exctract data from another sheet but I need to do it for every
third cell.

My formula so far cell A2: =Sheet3!A2
cell A3: =Sheet3!A5
cell A4: =Sheet3!A8

etc.

How can I copy this down with the cells as it's not copying down correctly
at the moment?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In A2 enter:

=INDIRECT("Sheet3!A"&3*ROW()-4)
and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"The Ron" wrote:

I need to exctract data from another sheet but I need to do it for every
third cell.

My formula so far cell A2: =Sheet3!A2
cell A3: =Sheet3!A5
cell A4: =Sheet3!A8

etc.

How can I copy this down with the cells as it's not copying down correctly
at the moment?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way

In A2:
=OFFSET(Sheet3!A$2,ROWS($1:1)*3-3,)
Copy down as far as required
--
Max
Singapore
"The Ron" wrote:
I need to exctract data from another sheet but I need to do it for every
third cell.

My formula so far cell A2: =Sheet3!A2
cell A3: =Sheet3!A5
cell A4: =Sheet3!A8

etc.

How can I copy this down with the cells as it's not copying down correctly
at the moment?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks a bunch. It works briliantly

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In A2 enter:

=INDIRECT("Sheet3!A"&3*ROW()-4)
and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"The Ron" wrote:

I need to exctract data from another sheet but I need to do it for every
third cell.

My formula so far cell A2: =Sheet3!A2
cell A3: =Sheet3!A5
cell A4: =Sheet3!A8

etc.

How can I copy this down with the cells as it's not copying down correctly
at the moment?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's the next part of the puzzle Cell I2:
=IF(Sheet3!A2=Sheet3!A1,Sheet3!E3,Sheet3!E3)

Cell I3:
=IF(Sheet3!A5=Sheet3!A4,Sheet3!E6,Sheet3!E6)

the cell wich the data is fetched from, eg. Sheet3!E3 has to increase be
increments of 3

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In A2 enter:

=INDIRECT("Sheet3!A"&3*ROW()-4)
and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"The Ron" wrote:

I need to exctract data from another sheet but I need to do it for every
third cell.

My formula so far cell A2: =Sheet3!A2
cell A3: =Sheet3!A5
cell A4: =Sheet3!A8

etc.

How can I copy this down with the cells as it's not copying down correctly
at the moment?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is another problem I have how do I do incremental number in a formula
after certain conditions are met?

e.g. =IF((VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet3!$1:$65536,5,FALSE))=G7,Shee t3!E18,FALSE)

the next cell in the colum should have the following formula:

=IF((VLOOKUP(A8,Sheet3!$1:$65536,5,FALSE))=G8,Shee t3!E21,FALSE)

How do I get the formula to read in increments of 3?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Just replace "Sheet3!E18" in this expression:
=IF((VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet3!$1:$65536,5,FALSE))=G7,Shee t3!E18,FALSE)

with this: OFFSET(Sheet3!E$18,ROWS($1:1)*3-3,)

ie use:
=IF((VLOOKUP(A7,Sheet3!$1:$65536,5,FALSE))=G7,OFFS ET(Sheet3!E$18,ROWS($1:1)*3-3,),FALSE)
then copy down