Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default find a number within data by formula

I have some data, which containing is "Reg. no., Roll no., Name, Add. " etc.
in each column, in sheet 1, and another sheet there are some data, which
containing is "Reg. no. & Roll No. in seperate column. Now i want to find out
fail or pass to put up the "Reg. no. in sheet 1 in another column from sheet
2 by using formula. I would not like to use ctrl+f. is there any formula ?
help me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look at the function VLOOKUP. Then come back and tell us the layout
of your data in more detail so we can better help you.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP