Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default auto fill color of row

I have conditional formating & color in a cell, but I want to color the
entire row of conditional formating cell. Is there any option to do it ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have already applied conditional formatting to a single cell, copy
that cell and pastespecial/formats across the entire row.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

"capital letter" wrote:

I have conditional formating & color in a cell, but I want to color the
entire row of conditional formating cell. Is there any option to do it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps I've misunderstood what the OP was asking for. I assumed that the
request was for the whole of row 1 to be coloured when the single cell
satified the condition. If cell A1 has either "Cell Value Is" =1, or
"Formula Is" =A1=1, then copying that format across won't colour the row.
It'll only do that if the formula is =$A1=1.
As I said, perhaps I misunderstood the question?
--
David Biddulph

"capital letter" wrote:

I have conditional formating & color in a cell, but I want to color the
entire row of conditional formating cell. Is there any option to do it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If you have already applied conditional formatting to a single cell, copy
that cell and pastespecial/formats across the entire row.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

I have tried the solution. While it copies the conditional formatting to the additional range of cells. It always the initial cells in the formula rather than a relative
"capital letter" wrote:

I have conditional formating & color in a cell, but I want to color the
entire row of conditional formating cell. Is there any option to do it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"capital letter" wrote:

I have conditional formating & color in a cell, but I want to color the
entire row of conditional formating cell. Is there any option to do it ?

I am copying the results of a formula for conditional formatting to a range
of cells. I would like the formula references to change as well: (L3K3)
when copied would be (L4K4). Can this be done