Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Comparing data in 2 cells to create an output for a 3rd cell

Hi folks. I believe I have a simple question here. I hope someone can
help:

I have two cells of data. For simplicity's sake let's say:

A1 is 5
B1 is 10

I'd like cell C1 to show the higher number in comparing A1 and B1. So
in this case, C1 would show 10.

Might someone help me with the formula?

Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You could just a simple MAX function..

=MAX(A1:B1) this will give you the Maximum number in the range.

Gav.

" wrote:

Hi folks. I believe I have a simple question here. I hope someone can
help:

I have two cells of data. For simplicity's sake let's say:

A1 is 5
B1 is 10

I'd like cell C1 to show the higher number in comparing A1 and B1. So
in this case, C1 would show 10.

Might someone help me with the formula?

Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Simple is all I need. That's perfect. Thanks very much.