Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to a
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1*24

Format cell as General

"snikta" wrote:

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to a
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Multiply by 24 format cell as general
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"snikta" wrote:

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to a
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the time is in A1, in B1 enter =(A1-INT(A1))*24

Hope this helps.

"snikta" wrote in message
I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to a
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello, I have been reading the posts on converting time to a decimal. It
worked for 36:24:03, but I can't get it to work for 2:14:03. I get a "value"
error. Can you help me with this please

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1*24

Format cell as General

"snikta" wrote:

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to a
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume cell A1 = 2:14:03

Enter this formula in a cell:

=ISNUMBER(A1)

What result do you get? If A1 is a real time value then this formula will
return TRUE.

If you are using this formula:

=A1*24

And it retuns a #VALUE! error then there's a problem with what's entered in
cell A1.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Karen" wrote in message
Hello, I have been reading the posts on converting time to a decimal. It
worked for 36:24:03, but I can't get it to work for 2:14:03. I get a
"value"
error. Can you help me with this please

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1*24

Format cell as General

"snikta" wrote:

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you. I will try again. I appreciate your answer.

"Karen" wrote in message
Hello, I have been reading the posts on converting time to a decimal. It
worked for 36:24:03, but I can't get it to work for 2:14:03. I get a
"value"
error. Can you help me with this please

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1*24

Format cell as General

"snikta" wrote:

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here I am again. I tried every format available and nothing works. The
formula does come back false every time. Any other suggestions besides doing
it manually?
Thank you.
Karen

"Karen" wrote in message
Hello, I have been reading the posts on converting time to a decimal. It
worked for 36:24:03, but I can't get it to work for 2:14:03. I get a
"value"
error. Can you help me with this please

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1*24

Format cell as General

"snikta" wrote:

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30) to
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You've probably got spaces or other non-printing characters, before or after
the numbers.
--
David Biddulph

"Karen" wrote in message
Hello, I have been reading the posts on converting time to a decimal.
It
worked for 36:24:03, but I can't get it to work for 2:14:03. I get a
"value"
error. Can you help me with this please

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1*24

Format cell as General

"snikta" wrote:

I am creating a time sheet. I need to convert a time format (7:30)
decimal format (7.50). How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you. I've done that before when doing a copy & paste. I will try that.
Karen

"Karen" wrote in message
Hello, I have been reading the posts on converting time to a decimal.
It
worked for 36:24:03, but I can't get it to work for 2:14:03. I get a
"value"
error. Can you help me with this please

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1*24