Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default minif

=MIN(IF(P3:Q30,P3:R3)

I am using CTRL,SHFT and ENTER to enter this formula as an array but it
won't except it MS Office 97 "

If I copy an old formula as above from worksheet setup in 98 as soon as I
enter array it does not accept it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. You are missing a parenthesis. the formula should be
=MIN(IF(P3:Q30,P3:R3)) <-- note the closing ")"

2. When using an array formula, the arrays must be the same size. You
have a 2-cell range in the first argument, then a 3-cell range in the
second. Either make the first argument "P3:R3" or reduce the second
one to "P3:Q3"

HTH,
JP

On Nov 2, 3:32 am, Andes2U wrote:
=MIN(IF(P3:Q30,P3:R3)

I am using CTRL,SHFT and ENTER to enter this formula as an array but it
won't except it MS Office 97 "

If I copy an old formula as above from worksheet setup in 98 as soon as I
enter array it does not accept it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi JP Thanks for the response.

=MIN(IF(U3:V30,U3:V3)) My typo. Array will just not work on my PC "
Microsoft Office 2007 Pro". I have forwarded my worksheet to a few people and
it works with them but on my system.

Any suggestions

Andes

On Nov 2, 3:32 am, Andes2U wrote:
=MIN(IF(P3:Q30,P3:R3)

I am using CTRL,SHFT and ENTER to enter this formula as an array but it
won't except it MS Office 97 "

If I copy an old formula as above from worksheet setup in 98 as soon as I
enter array it does not accept it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean "will just not work" or "it does not accept it"? You need
to give more information if you want help.

Do you get an error message; if so what? If you don't get an error
message, do you get a different result from what you expect? If so, what do
you get with which inputs and what did you expect? When you use
Control-Shift-Enter, does Excel put curly brackets {} around the formula in
the formula bar?

Are you trying to use Excel 97 or 2007? [You've mentioned both.]

Just one thought, does your Windows regional settings have a comma for a
list separator, or does it have a semi-colon?
--
David Biddulph

On Nov 2, 3:32 am, Andes2U wrote:
=MIN(IF(P3:Q30,P3:R3)

I am using CTRL,SHFT and ENTER to enter this formula as an array but it
won't except it MS Office 97 "

If I copy an old formula as above from worksheet setup in 98 as soon as
enter array it does not accept it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi David thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the response.

I am using MS Office 97 Pro. I mean it just won't work. No error message. I
have sent the worksheet off to friends who have tried it and it works fine
with them but just won't work for me. It does not put the curly brackets in
at all. Set to use system separators.

When I enter CNTRL-SHFT-Entr it either tabs or shifts.