Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Normalize time series

How do I normalize a time series so the series starts at 100.
As per some of my clients its a common procedure to do in Bloomberg to
normalize a data series.
He says it divides by the starting level * 100, so the series starts
at 100. It would be great if some one can provide me a formula for
this.. As a example , I have historical 5 year treasury yields as
follows. I would like to know the formula to normalize this series so
it starts from 100. Appreciate your help.

10/30/2007 4.052
10/29/2007 4.045
10/26/2007 4.036
10/25/2007 3.998
10/24/2007 3.967
10/23/2007 4.055
10/22/2007 4.057
10/19/2007 4.041
10/18/2007 4.153
10/17/2007 4.211
10/16/2007 4.342
10/15/2007 4.389
10/12/2007 4.412
10/11/2007 4.371
10/10/2007 4.369
10/9/2007 4.366
10/5/2007 4.335
10/4/2007 4.207

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First we need to decide if we are going to normalize to 10/4 or 10/30. Say
we pick 10/4.

In C18 we enter 100
in C17 we enter:
=100*B17/$B$18