Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default fill column with formula

I want to fill an entire column with the formula in C2, instead of using the
cell drag function. However, when I select FillDown, the entire column is
filled with the header in C1 instead of the formula in C2 - so I end up with
a column filled with Text, instead of the formula dragged down =A2-B2 =A3-B3
etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Probably you selected the entire C column. Instead select range C2:C65536
then choose FillDown!
Simple way of selecting range C2:C65536 :
EditJump(Ctrl+G)/Reference:C2:C65536

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Margo€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I want to fill an entire column with the formula in C2, instead of using the
cell drag function. However, when I select FillDown, the entire column is
filled with the header in C1 instead of the formula in C2 - so I end up with
a column filled with Text, instead of the formula dragged down =A2-B2 =A3-B3
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy C2. Go to C3, hold SHIFT while pressing END then down arrow. If
you already have data in the column, you may need to do this twice.
Once the last row highlighted is 65535, paste.