-   -   v-look up - no results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/164165-v-look-up-no-results.html)

Kerstin

v-look up - no results

When doing v-lookup from one spreadsheet to another, it displays the formular
instead of the result. I pulled the first set of numbers out of a database
and made sure they are all numbers, not text. The second set of data was
sent to me and seems also to be numbers.

Ken Wright

v-look up - no results

Chances are that your sheet is set to display formulas, OR, the sheet is
formatted as text prior to you putting in your formulas.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Kerstin" wrote in message
When doing v-lookup from one spreadsheet to another, it displays the
formular
instead of the result. I pulled the first set of numbers out of a
database
and made sure they are all numbers, not text. The second set of data was
sent to me and seems also to be numbers.

Pete_UK

v-look up - no results

Two things to check for:

1. sheet is set for manual calculation - press F9 to recalculate, and
if this corrects it click on Tools | Options | Calculation tab and
click Automatic instead of Manual for a more permanent fix.

2. cell is formatted as text - click on Format | Cells | Number tab to
check for this, and set to General. Click OK, then double-click the
cell as if to edit and then press Enter to make the format change take
effect.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 30, 9:40 pm, Kerstin wrote:
When doing v-lookup from one spreadsheet to another, it displays the formular
instead of the result. I pulled the first set of numbers out of a database
and made sure they are all numbers, not text. The second set of data was
sent to me and seems also to be numbers.

JE McGimpsey

v-look up - no results

If the cell displays the formula (only one 'r', unless you're from
Boston), you're entering it in a cell that's been formatted as Text, so
XL doesn't try to interpret it as a formula.

In article ,
Kerstin wrote:

When doing v-lookup from one spreadsheet to another, it displays the formular
instead of the result. I pulled the first set of numbers out of a database
and made sure they are all numbers, not text. The second set of data was
sent to me and seems also to be numbers.

Kerstin

v-look up - no results

Hi guys:

Did all that. Checked for auto calculations, formulars etc. Now I wanted
to start fresh again, I have two separate worksheets, click on the number
which is the same in both so that I get the info from the second worksheet
into my own, but now I can't even say which cell range to look up the number.
As soon as I want to go into the second worksheet to highlight my range, I'm
stuck there.

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------
------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"Kerstin" wrote in message
When doing v-lookup from one spreadsheet to another, it displays the
formular
instead of the result. I pulled the first set of numbers out of a
database
and made sure they are all numbers, not text. The second set of data was
sent to me and seems also to be numbers.

Peo Sjoblom

v-look up - no results

Given the name it sounds as she's from Sweden or maybe some other
Scandinavian country <g

Peo Sjoblom