Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumif date range

We track attendance per individual person on one worksheet. We only enter the
dates that the person is out. I want a SUMIF formula that will only tell me
the total sum of columnB between a certain range of dates.

For example: for October this person was out 2 days (of a total 4.5 days
out).

Date Absent Full/Half Day
8/31/07 1.0
9/4/07 0.5
9/24/07 1.0
10/01/07 0.5
10/25/07 1.0
10/26/07 0.5

Networkdays will count the number of days between two days, but won't total
half days. Is there any formula that will do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A2:A7,"m/yyyy")="10/2007"),B2:B7)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Delsy" wrote in message
We track attendance per individual person on one worksheet. We only enter
the
dates that the person is out. I want a SUMIF formula that will only tell
me
the total sum of columnB between a certain range of dates.

For example: for October this person was out 2 days (of a total 4.5 days
out).

Date Absent Full/Half Day
8/31/07 1.0
9/4/07 0.5
9/24/07 1.0
10/01/07 0.5
10/25/07 1.0
10/26/07 0.5

Networkdays will count the number of days between two days, but won't
total
half days. Is there any formula that will do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You got lucky. You should have started a new post, instead of adding to 4 year old post.

With the beginning date in D2 and the ending date in E2 then...
=SUMIF(A2:A7,"="&D2,B2:B7)-SUMIF(A2:A7,""&E2,B2:B7)
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(XL Companion add-in: compares, matches, counts, lists, finds, deletes...)

"Delsy Hughes"
wrote in message
What if we needed to track the number of days out between a specific date range?
For example how many days was this person out from October 15th - November 10th?

On Monday, October 29, 2007 4:01 PM Dels wrote:
We track attendance per individual person on one worksheet. We only enter the
dates that the person is out. I want a SUMIF formula that will only tell me
the total sum of columnB between a certain range of dates.

For example: for October this person was out 2 days (of a total 4.5 days
out).

Date Absent Full/Half Day