Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Summing Data Across Tabs

Is there a way to add cells from different tabs of a worksheet. I am
attempting to create a summary page that will sum from 52 tabs. I was
trying to add, for example.
Sum Tab 1-52 Cells #3. If cell three of tab 1-4 were the following
Tab 1 Cell 3 = 4
Tab 2 Cell 3 = 2
Tab 3 Cell 3 = 7
Tab 4 Cell 3 = 8
Then Cell three on my summary tab would equal 21.
How can I set up a formula to accomplish this.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is probably easiest to create two new (blank) sheets - call them
"first" and "last". Position them so that "first" is before the first
of your 52 sheets and "last" is just after your 52nd sheet, with your
summary sheet tab outside this "sandwich". Then you can use a formula
like this:

=SUM(first:last!B2)

to add up all the entries from cell B2 of your 52 sheets.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 7:07 pm, Tony M <Tony
wrote:
Is there a way to add cells from different tabs of a worksheet. I am
attempting to create a summary page that will sum from 52 tabs. I was
trying to add, for example.
Sum Tab 1-52 Cells #3. If cell three of tab 1-4 were the following
Tab 1 Cell 3 = 4
Tab 2 Cell 3 = 2
Tab 3 Cell 3 = 7
Tab 4 Cell 3 = 8
Then Cell three on my summary tab would equal 21.
How can I set up a formula to accomplish this.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Insert 2 blank dummy sheets at the beginning and at the end of the sheets
you want to sum, then assume you call the First and Last, then you can use

=SUM(First:Last!A3)

the benefit is that you can insert new sheets in-between without changing
the formula, otherwise
you replace First and Last with the first and last sheet names

I also assumed cell A3, there is no cell # 3 per see

Peo Sjoblom