Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HELP with an unorthadox AM schedule

Hi and thank you all!

I have an AM table (and I have done many), but I need a command to:

1) When the End of Balance = 0, then
2) Sum all PMTs BEFORE the End of Balance = 0

I am very appreciative and would be happy to compensate any who can help.
Please see attached spreadsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sure the gurus here will come up with a better solution, but my advice would
be to modify the payment column, to something like:

=if(balance<=$payment,balance,$payment)

This also handles a non-standard final payment.

Now when you sum the column, all payments after the balance is paid off are
zero, and have no effect on the sum.

Fred