Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to undo the same document opening twice :1 and :2?

When I open my excel document it opens the same document twice, after the
file name it as :1 and the 2nd document (same as the 1st) has :2 after the
file name. You can view each of these files by clicking on Windows and
selecting the other document. I'm not sure how my file got like this, how do
I undo it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not really open twice.....it's just 2 windows viewing the same document.
You'd create new windows via the Excel Main Menu: <window<new

If you simply close one of them, the window number will disappear.

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Need Advice" <Need wrote in message ...
When I open my excel document it opens the same document twice, after the
file name it as :1 and the 2nd document (same as the 1st) has :2 after the
file name. You can view each of these files by clicking on Windows and
selecting the other document. I'm not sure how my file got like this, how do
I undo it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the window you don't want to see.
Hit ctrl-w to close it

Save the workbook the way you like.

--

Dave Peterson