Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kim Kim is offline

Default Comparing one column of names to another

I have two columns of names next to each other. I need to know which names
in column 1 are not in column 2, and have these listed in a 3rd column.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If A1 thru B5:

mike mike
joe joe
john john
trevor david
nigel george

then in C1 enter:
=IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$5,A1)=0,A1,"") and copy down to see:

mike mike
joe joe
john john
trevor david trevor
nigel george nigel

The only items in column C are in column A, but not in column B

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750