Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default datedif function

Can someone please help me with a download for the xdate.xla file? I have Microsoft Excel 2000 installed on my XP computer and it works. In trying to load Microsoft 2000 on my new HP Pavilion notebook computer, I can't get the datedif function to install. I know there's a download for it, I've downloaded it to my desktop and tried to install it into Excel 2000, but haven't had any luck getting it to work.
Can someone advise me how to load it into Excel and get it to work in the <Tools, <Add In function?
Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for this repeat question.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DATEDIF is a built-in function - you don't need to install any add-ins
to get it to work.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 18, 1:19 pm, "ah" wrote:
Can someone please help me with a download for the xdate.xla file? I have Microsoft Excel 2000 installed on my XP computer and it works. In trying to load Microsoft 2000 on my new HP Pavilion notebook computer, I can't get the datedif function to install. I know there's a download for it, I've downloaded it to my desktop and tried to install it into Excel 2000, but haven't had any luck getting it to work.
Can someone advise me how to load it into Excel and get it to work in the <Tools, <Add In function?
Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for this repeat question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DATEDIF is already available in Excel.

See if Chip Pearson's website helps:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"ah" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone please help me with a download for the xdate.xla file? I have
Microsoft Excel 2000 installed on my XP computer and it works. In trying
to load Microsoft 2000 on my new HP Pavilion notebook computer, I can't
get the datedif function to install. I know there's a download for it,
I've downloaded it to my desktop and tried to install it into Excel 2000,
but haven't had any luck getting it to work.
Can someone advise me how to load it into Excel and get it to work in the
<Tools, <Add In function?
Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for this repeat question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RWS RWS is offline

My problem is linking to other workbooks I use. When I open a
workbook/spreadsheet it asks if I want to link to the other spreadsheets.
When I answer yes, it tries to link to the XDATEDIF on xdate.xla function,
which it can't find. Probably a different problem than the one I originally
posted. All the other functions seem to work, but I can't link to the
DATEDIF function. Sorry about that, and thanks for the replies.
RWS

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
DATEDIF is already available in Excel.

See if Chip Pearson's website helps:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"ah" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone please help me with a download for the xdate.xla file? I
have Microsoft Excel 2000 installed on my XP computer and it works. In
trying to load Microsoft 2000 on my new HP Pavilion notebook computer, I
can't get the datedif function to install. I know there's a download for
it, I've downloaded it to my desktop and tried to install it into Excel
2000, but haven't had any luck getting it to work.
Can someone advise me how to load it into Excel and get it to work in the
<Tools, <Add In function?
Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for this repeat question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well if you have something called xdatedif then I'd suggest you contact the
author of that particular third party add-in, do some googling on it. It's
nothing that is built in

Peo Sjoblom

"RWS" wrote in message
My problem is linking to other workbooks I use. When I open a
workbook/spreadsheet it asks if I want to link to the other spreadsheets.
When I answer yes, it tries to link to the XDATEDIF on xdate.xla function,
which it can't find. Probably a different problem than the one I
originally posted. All the other functions seem to work, but I can't link
to the DATEDIF function. Sorry about that, and thanks for the replies.
RWS

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
DATEDIF is already available in Excel.

See if Chip Pearson's website helps:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"ah" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone please help me with a download for the xdate.xla file? I
have Microsoft Excel 2000 installed on my XP computer and it works. In
trying to load Microsoft 2000 on my new HP Pavilion notebook computer, I
can't get the datedif function to install. I know there's a download
for it, I've downloaded it to my desktop and tried to install it into
Excel 2000, but haven't had any luck getting it to work.
Can someone advise me how to load it into Excel and get it to work in
the <Tools, <Add In function?
Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for this repeat question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:51:02 -0400, "RWS" wrote:

My problem is linking to other workbooks I use. When I open a
workbook/spreadsheet it asks if I want to link to the other spreadsheets.
When I answer yes, it tries to link to the XDATEDIF on xdate.xla function,
which it can't find. Probably a different problem than the one I originally
posted. All the other functions seem to work, but I can't link to the
DATEDIF function. Sorry about that, and thanks for the replies.
RWS

Huh?

DATEDIF and XDATEDIF are not the same function.

Which are you having a problem with? You have mentioned both.

DATEDIF is an native Excel function.

XDATEDIF is NOT a native Excel function. When you wrote that you "tried to
install it" from your desktop, what process did you go through?

If you did it correctly, it would be checked under tools/add-ins.
--ron