Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Name Range

I need to select a2:b10 and create a name range from the selections row and
column. I can do that. But when I go to E3 and paste the list, it paste my
list that I copied instead of =Sheet1!SB$3 like I need. Does anyone know what
I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

InsertNamePasteList will insert a list of named ranges and their addresses.

What do you want it to do?

From your description of the method used you would have created 12 names.

2 for the columns and 10 for the rows

You can select from the list which one to paste rather than the entire list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:38:00 -0700, MAS_GSW
wrote:

I need to select a2:b10 and create a name range from the selections row and
column. I can do that. But when I go to E3 and paste the list, it paste my
list that I copied instead of =Sheet1!SB$3 like I need. Does anyone know what
I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try telling us step-by-step what you do and what you get.
Tell us what A2:B10 looks like
Are these names (labels) in row 1?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MAS_GSW" wrote in message
I need to select a2:b10 and create a name range from the selections row and
column. I can do that. But when I go to E3 and paste the list, it paste my
list that I copied instead of =Sheet1!SB$3 like I need. Does anyone know
what
I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A2 is blank and a3:b10 all have data in there. My exercise says this:
select a2:b10 and create range names from the selections row and column
labels. To verify the range names are correct, select cell e3 in the
worksheet and then paste a list of all exisitng named ranges.

"MAS_GSW" wrote in message
I need to select a2:b10 and create a name range from the selections row and
column. I can do that. But when I go to E3 and paste the list, it paste my
list that I copied instead of =Sheet1!SB$3 like I need. Does anyone know
what
I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe when you get to the select E3 bit you should tap F3 and paste the list
of named ranges. If you've created your new named range correctly it will
appear in this list.

Mike