Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting unique values by date

I know there have been similar posts about counting, but my twist is that I
need to count unique ocurrences of text in a cell for each date.

I have 18,000 rows of data, each with a date and a name. There are about 20
unique names in the entire sheet, and they appear on different dates. For
instance, there might be 300 rows for with a date of 12/15/06, but only 6
unique names within those 300 rows. I need to count how many unique names
appear on any given date, then show the count by date.

From the online help, I have this formula to count unique ocurrences, and it
works fine:

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(MATCH(B1:B370,B1:B370,0),MATCH(B 1:B370,B1:B370,0))0,1))

I just need to display the result for for each date within my sheet.

Any help on this? I can't figure it out.

Thanks!!!