-   -   how do I increase the length of a drop down list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161712-how-do-i-increase-length-drop-down-list.html)

Swill_Vermin

how do I increase the length of a drop down list?

I'm trying to work out how to increase the length of a dop down list within
an excell 2003 worksheet, or in other words how do I get the drop down list
to display more data (approx 30 options) without having to scroll through
those options within the drop down menu.

Any ideas?

Roger Govier[_3_]

how do I increase the length of a drop down list?

Hi

Using Data Validation, you can't. The size is fixed at 8 lines.
If you want to have more, you will need to use a Combo Box.

Instructions can be found at Debra Dalgleish's site

Regards
Roger Govier