Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time formulas

Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

Format the cell as General or number. This will take care of either set
crossing midnight.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ugh! What am I doing wrong? C10 is 12:00 am with this formula.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You asked for an answer as a number of hours, not as hours and minutes, so
don't format the answer as time, but as General or Number.
--
David Biddulph

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Ugh! What am I doing wrong? C10 is 12:00 am with this formula.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in
message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to custom format the result cell to [hh]:mm
It uses whatever regional setting (in Windows) you are using. That is why I
always change my regional settings to 24 hour.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

One way

=MOD(C9-C6,1)-MOD(C8-C7,1)

Peo Sjoblom

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in
message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are going to use decimal values you need to format the result as
General or number, not time

Peo Sjoblom

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Ugh! What am I doing wrong? C10 is 12:00 am with this formula.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in
message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format the cell as GENERAL

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Ugh! What am I doing wrong? C10 is 12:00 am with this formula.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in
message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your help, I got it fixed.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Format the cell as GENERAL

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Ugh! What am I doing wrong? C10 is 12:00 am with this formula.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in
message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks again.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you are going to use decimal values you need to format the result as
General or number, not time

Peo Sjoblom

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Ugh! What am I doing wrong? C10 is 12:00 am with this formula.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in
message
Here is my timesheet:

c6: 11:00 pm
c7: 12:00 am
c8: 7:00 am
c9: 3:00 pm
c10: (Actual hours worked)

If I use the formula: =IF(C6C7,C7+1-C6,C7-C6)*24
I can get the time for c6/c7, but what formula do I use to not only get
the
hours from c6/c7, but also from c8/c9 - to get the total of 9 hours in
c10?

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in message
Thanks for your help, I got it fixed.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Format the cell as GENERAL

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Blazingsaddles" wrote in
message
Ugh! What am I doing wrong? C10 is 12:00 am with this formula.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=(MOD(C7-C6,1)+MOD(C9-C8,1))*24