Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bmo bmo is offline

Default formula pulling data based on 1 input on another tab.

I'm using excel for accounting purposes and would like to create a formula
that pulls data/subtotals from one tab and inputs it into another tab based
on the month specified.

on one tab, i have 13 columns (1 as a header and 12 for each month of the
year) below the header is a list of accounts which under the repective
month, list that accounts expenses for the month.

on another tab, I have a balance sheet which summarizes the expense for the
given month.

well instead of having 1 balance sheet per month, I would like to create a
formula that pulls the respective months data when I specify which month I
would like to look at.

example: "inputs tab"
1/31/07 2/28/07
Cash 500 600
Bank 350 200
total income 850 800

payable 250 300
supplies 100 100
total expense 350 400

NET INCOME 500 400

"Balance sheet tab"
2/28/07
Total Income 800
Total Expense 400
NET INCOME 400

based on the month's input that I specify, I want that months' data pulled
form the inoputs tab and filled into the balance sheet tab.

Make sense?