Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DCOUNTA WITH MULTIPLE FIELD CRITERIA

How can I create a statement that will take in consideration criterai
in two fields.
For example, all rows where the last name is Smith, and the City is
NYC.

Thanks,
galsaba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

One way
With last name in column A and City in column B
=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$1000="Smith"),--($B$1:$B$1000="NYC"))

Change ranges to suit.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"galsaba" wrote in message
ups.com...
How can I create a statement that will take in consideration criterai
in two fields.
For example, all rows where the last name is Smith, and the City is
NYC.

Thanks,
galsaba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this link:
http://www.cpearson.com/Newsletter/C...2007_10_08.htm

which is Chip Pearsons newsletter all about Excel data functions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way

=DCOUNTA(Database,"City",F1:G2)

Where in this case the criteria (F1:G2) looks like

Last Name City
Smith NYC

Criteria that are on the same row means that you are using what is in fact
AND functionality,
on separate rows it is OR

You can replace City in the formula with Last Name or any other header in
your database

Peo Sjoblom

ups.com...