JulianB

Default My New Macro from Bernie

I posted this earlier today but I don't see it on this site. So I will try
Again.

If I change Range("J34") to Range("J32") do I need to change myCell(1,13) to
something else? What do the numbers in myCell(1,13)?

Thanks
Julian
Bernie Deitrick

Posted to newsgroup and sent privately.

Julian,

No, you should not change the myCell(1, 13) part of the code.

The myCell(1,13).Value means to pick up the value from the same row as the
name currently being processed, out of the 13th column (M)

There are many ways to address ranges or cells in Excel. I could have
referred to that cell by using:

myCell.Item(1,13).Value (myCell(1,13) is a shortcut for the Item property)
Worksheets("Balances").Cells(myCell.Row,13).Value
Worksheets("Balances").Range("M" & myCell.Row).Value
myCell.Offset(0,12).Value

The advantage of using myCell is that defined range objects don't require
the worksheet to be identified since they are associated with a specfic
worksheet.

But that's too much for a beginning coder to learn or need to know - just be
happy if you get the code to work.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP