JulianB

Default My New Macro

To Bernie Deitrick
From JulianB

If I changed Range("J34") to Range("J32") do I need to change the myCell
Values?
What does myCell Value refer to? For example myCell(1,13)?

Julian
Bernie Deitrick

Julian,

No, you should not change the myCell(1, 13) part of the code.

The myCell(1,13).Value means to pick up the value from the same row as the
name currently being processed, out of the 13th column (M)

There are many ways to address ranges or cells in Excel. I could have
referred to that cell by using:

myCell.Item(1,13).Value (myCell(1,13) is a shortcut for the Item property)
Worksheets("Balances").Cells(myCell.Row,13).Value
Worksheets("Balances").Range("M" & myCell.Row).Value
myCell.Offset(0,12).Value

The advantage of using myCell is that defined range objects don't require
the worksheet to be identified since they are associated with a specfic
worksheet.

But that's too much for a beginning coder to learn or need to know - just be
happy if you get the code to work.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"JulianB" wrote in message
To Bernie Deitrick
From JulianB

If I changed Range("J34") to Range("J32") do I need to change the myCell
Values?
What does myCell Value refer to? For example myCell(1,13)?

Julian

Bernie Deitrick

Julian,

I should also have mentioned that it would have been best to have posted
this latest message in your last thread. Your question doesn't have much
meaning outside of that thread, and I might have missed it where you did
post it.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP