Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumif withdates

I am trying to check a column of dates and if that column corresponds with
the critera (in other words if the dates match), I want it to add the invoice
values together. I can't get it to work, it returns the result zero all the
time? Can anybody help. What am I doing wrong?
E.G. I want excel to check the dates under the payment due column (RANGE)
and if any date matches the date under the criteria column i then want it to
add the invoice values together. Working example is, check payment dues dates
and if any match criteria 01/06/2007 then add the values together, so there
are 2 instances of date 01/06/2007 so excel should add the corresponding
values together i.e.15.25+845.00

payment due invoice value RANGE
SUM VALUE

01/06/2007 15.25
01/07/2007 26.00
01/08/2007 56.00
01/06/2007 845.00
01/07/2007 2256.33
01/08/2007 45.23

CRITERIA Jun Jul Aug
01/06/2007 0.00 0.00 0.00
01/07/2007
01/08/2007

Trying to sum payments due jun here
Trying to sum payments due jul here
Trying to sum payments due aug here

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assume source data within D2:E7, dates in col D, amts in col E

Assume you have 1st-of-month real dates (formatted as say: mmm-yy)
in D10:F10 as headers, viz: Jun-07, Jul-07, Aug-07

Then you could place in D11:
=SUMIF($D$2:$D$7,D$10,$E$2:$E$7)
and copy across to F11 to return the required sums below each month header
--
Max
Singapore