Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I'd like to Sort one column without affecting the others

And the Sort Warning dialog box has been disabled somehow, so I can't click
"Continue with the current selection." Does anyone know how to re-enable the
sort warning dialog box?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you select the entire column by header you will get the Sort Warning dialog.

If you select just the top cell in the column Excel will automatically select
the current region with no warning.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:44:01 -0700, Legna105
wrote:

And the Sort Warning dialog box has been disabled somehow, so I can't click
"Continue with the current selection." Does anyone know how to re-enable the
sort warning dialog box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the sheet protected? That is, can you sort at all?

Mark Lincoln

On Oct 2, 2:44 pm, Legna105
wrote:
And the Sort Warning dialog box has been disabled somehow, so I can't click
"Continue with the current selection." Does anyone know how to re-enable the
sort warning dialog box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is not a setting that can be disabled/enabled.

I have never seen the warning box fail to appear when I have selected the entire
column unless there is a blank column between my selected column and the next
column with data.

Gord

wrote:

And the Sort Warning dialog box has been disabled somehow, so I can't click
"Continue with the current selection." Does anyone know how to re-enable the
sort warning dialog box?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No it is a shared workbook. I have been able to sort just one column in the
past, but now that other users have been using it, when i try to sort just
one column, a dialog box fails to appear. I thought perhaps there was a
"never ask again" feature on the dialog box that someone else clicked.