Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Worksheet Find

I want to know if it's possible to have a function that allows us to search
multiple Worksheets with minimum commands. You obviously use the CTRL - F, to
search a sheet or workbook, but we have 7 of them open at a time, that we
would like to search for data in.

The other part of that is, Is it possible to default the CTRL - F function
to default to search Workbook?
--
NealMed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You say you have "7 of them open at the same time" so I assume you mean 7
workbooks.

There is no function to search across multiple open workbooks.

You can search across worksheets in a single workbook.

I don't know of any way to default the "search in" to workbook.

Just right-click on a sheet tab and "Select all sheets" then do your search.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:51:03 -0700, NealMed
wrote:

I want to know if it's possible to have a function that allows us to search
multiple Worksheets with minimum commands. You obviously use the CTRL - F, to
search a sheet or workbook, but we have 7 of them open at a time, that we
would like to search for data in.

The other part of that is, Is it possible to default the CTRL - F function
to default to search Workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the following something that could be useful? It has helped my scenario:

I was able to find and use a very simple solution to search all worksheets
within a workbook. The users will be shown how to do this.

For now this is an easy solution.

Searching for a specific name in the Workbook within multiple worksheets:

1. Select Edit, Find
2. Within Find What €“ enter the last name eg.: Smith
3. Change Within cell to €śWorkbook€ť and check €śMatch Case€ť
4. Select Search €śBy Rows€ť
5. Click on Find All
Item is found
If name is not in Workbook, message is displayed advising this.