Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help

I need to find the lowest number in a particular row. For instance, my range
is from cells C5:P5. I want to find the lowest number in this range, then in
the row directly below it, I want to put a "1" underneath the cell with the
lowest number, and a "0" into every other cell with a number above it. I am
not sure how to do this. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

C6: =--(C5=MIN($C$5:$P$5))

Copy over to P6.

In article ,
Aaron wrote:

I need to find the lowest number in a particular row. For instance, my range
is from cells C5:P5. I want to find the lowest number in this range, then in
the row directly below it, I want to put a "1" underneath the cell with the
lowest number, and a "0" into every other cell with a number above it. I am
not sure how to do this. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming that you want "" if there is nothing in the cell in Row 5 and 1 in
every cell with the lowest value in Row 5, (if there is more than one
Minimum), then in C5 enter:

=IF(C5="","",IF(C5=MIN($C$5:$P$5),1,0))

and copy along to P5

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Aaron" wrote in message
I need to find the lowest number in a particular row. For instance, my
range
is from cells C5:P5. I want to find the lowest number in this range, then
in
the row directly below it, I want to put a "1" underneath the cell with
the
lowest number, and a "0" into every other cell with a number above it. I
am
not sure how to do this. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Aaron,
Try:

At P6 : =min(c5:p5)
At C6: =if(c5=min($c$5:$p$5),1,0) and copy this to D6:P6

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

C6: =--(C5=MIN($C$5:$P$5))

Copy over to P6.

In article ,
Aaron wrote:

I need to find the lowest number in a particular row. For instance, my range
is from cells C5:P5. I want to find the lowest number in this range, then in
the row directly below it, I want to put a "1" underneath the cell with the
lowest number, and a "0" into every other cell with a number above it. I am
not sure how to do this. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Question.
If you are answering Aaron's post why do you post it like you were answering
JE's post?

Peo Sjoblom

"Balan" wrote in message
Aaron,
Try:

At P6 : =min(c5:p5)
At C6: =if(c5=min($c$5:$p$5),1,0) and copy this to D6:P6

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

C6: =--(C5=MIN($C$5:$P$5))

Copy over to P6.

In article ,
Aaron wrote:

I need to find the lowest number in a particular row. For instance, my
range
is from cells C5:P5. I want to find the lowest number in this range,
then in
the row directly below it, I want to put a "1" underneath the cell with
the
lowest number, and a "0" into every other cell with a number above it.
I am
not sure how to do this. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Peo,
Sorry. I am relatively new to these discussion groups, postings etc. I am
confused about the place where I should post. Earlier, on 1-2 occasions when
I replied to the appropriate post, I found my post appearing in the middle
some where. I thought anybody reading later might find the sequence
confusing. I shall henceforth keep your suggestion in mind. I shall now
draw Aaron's attention to my reply another post replying to his.

Balan

"Balan" wrote in message
Aaron,
Try:

At P6 : =min(c5:p5)
At C6: =if(c5=min($c$5:$p$5),1,0) and copy this to D6:P6

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

C6: =--(C5=MIN($C$5:$P$5))

Copy over to P6.