Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF problem

I am trying to use a SUMIF function to add figures from column A when the
corresponding entry in column B (which is a date) is less than a year ago.
To try and make things easier I have a formula in c1 which carries out the
date calculation =TODAY()-365. I have tried various formulae but have not
been able to achieve a successful result - my latest effort is
=sumif(b:b,c1,a:a) and I have also tried =sum(if(b:bc1,a:a,0)). Can anyone
help ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try it as: =SUMIF(B:B,""&C1,A:A)
--
Max
Singapore
"richierich1961" wrote:
I am trying to use a SUMIF function to add figures from column A when the
corresponding entry in column B (which is a date) is less than a year ago.
To try and make things easier I have a formula in c1 which carries out the
date calculation =TODAY()-365. I have tried various formulae but have not
been able to achieve a successful result - my latest effort is
=sumif(b:b,c1,a:a) and I have also tried =sum(if(b:bc1,a:a,0)). Can anyone
help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try entering the criteria in text format by concatenating the greater than
sign and the cell as per the following example:-

=SUMIF(B:B,""&C1,A:A)

Regards,

OssieMac

"richierich1961" wrote:

I am trying to use a SUMIF function to add figures from column A when the
corresponding entry in column B (which is a date) is less than a year ago.
To try and make things easier I have a formula in c1 which carries out the
date calculation =TODAY()-365. I have tried various formulae but have not
been able to achieve a successful result - my latest effort is
=sumif(b:b,c1,a:a) and I have also tried =sum(if(b:bc1,a:a,0)). Can anyone
help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=sumif(b:b,""&c1,a:a)
Regards,
Stefi

€˛richierich1961€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I am trying to use a SUMIF function to add figures from column A when the
corresponding entry in column B (which is a date) is less than a year ago.
To try and make things easier I have a formula in c1 which carries out the
date calculation =TODAY()-365. I have tried various formulae but have not
been able to achieve a successful result - my latest effort is
=sumif(b:b,c1,a:a) and I have also tried =sum(if(b:bc1,a:a,0)). Can anyone
help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Great thanks, it works fine.

"Max" wrote:

Try it as: =SUMIF(B:B,""&C1,A:A)
--
"richierich1961" wrote:
I am trying to use a SUMIF function to add figures from column A when the
corresponding entry in column B (which is a date) is less than a year ago.
To try and make things easier I have a formula in c1 which carries out the
date calculation =TODAY()-365. I have tried various formulae but have not
been able to achieve a successful result - my latest effort is
=sumif(b:b,c1,a:a) and I have also tried =sum(if(b:bc1,a:a,0)). Can anyone
help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

welcome !