Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need help

Anyone willing to help me with a number of formulas in my spreadsheet. I am
new to excel and know what I want to do but have little idea on how to do it.
If some one was willing I would be able to email the spreadsheet to them to
have a look at.

Thanks
Keiran
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about this, instead....

Describe your problem(s) as best you can.
Tell us:
what you're starting with (post examples)
what you want to do
and what you've tried that hasn't worked. (again, post examples)

If you really need to share the file.....Post it to one of these free file
hosting services and publish the link:
http://www.flypicture.com/
http://cjoint.com/index.php
http://www.savefile.com/index.php

That way everyone interested in helping you will be able to use the file
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"KeK23" wrote in message
Anyone willing to help me with a number of formulas in my spreadsheet. I
am
new to excel and know what I want to do but have little idea on how to do
it.
If some one was willing I would be able to email the spreadsheet to them
have a look at.

Thanks
Keiran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron,

Background
The data is for a transport company who is carting numerous material types
from a number of locations to one central point. The company gets paid by
the tonne for material taken to this one central point.

Problem,

The template that I am working with is not a good formatt (inherited from
someone else). It has a number of worksheets all with relitively the same
information in each work sheet. Because the company is paid by the tonne I
need to have confidence in the dat that any formula produces.

What I want to do,

1)Cut out some of the repeditive data entry eg drivers name, truck
regstrations, material type.
2)Ommit some worksheets by being able to filter, sort or formatt the sheet
so I can have like information on one worksheet regardless of where the
material has originated from, (currently a different worksheet for each
location or customer)
3)Create a summary page that shows the amount of tonnes from each location
for a week ending.

This is it in a nutshell, if someone is able to get me started it would be
much appreciated.

My column headings are in order:

Date
Material type