Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default looking for a function to make it more quicker

in first column I have the data as:
=ABS($AK$9-B$9)
=..................C$9)
..
..
..
=ABS($AK$9-AJ$9)

Now if for example above are in Column BD, now I want next set in BF as:
=ABS($AK$10-B$10)
=..................C$10)
..
..
..
=ABS($AK$10-AJ$10)

then again in BH as:
=ABS($AK$11-B$11)
=..................C$11)
..
..
..
=ABS($AK$11-AJ$11)

It goes for couple of more columns.
How do I make it a bit quicker than what I do as copy paste, cut etc..
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Highlight column BD by clicking on the column identifier, then CTRL-H
(Find & Replace) and set:

Find What: -
Replace with -$

Click Replace All. This will make all parts of the cell addresses into
absolute. You can then copy this column to BF, BH, BJ, BL and BN and
there will be no change to the formulae.

Then highlight column BF and CTRL-H again:

Find What; $9
Replace With: $10
Replace All

Highlight column BH and CTRL-H:

Find What; $9
Replace With: $11
Replace All

Continue doing similar things with the other columns, changing $9 to
the appropriate row number.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 24, 9:02 pm, Darius wrote: