Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatt date from text

I would like to be able to enter a date numerically and have Excel formatt it
with the slashes, ie; fromatt 092207, to 09/22/07. I don't want to have to
enter the slashes just the numeric value. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Data Text to Columns Next Next select Date: MDY

"Hoot" wrote:

I would like to be able to enter a date numerically and have Excel formatt it
with the slashes, ie; fromatt 092207, to 09/22/07. I don't want to have to
enter the slashes just the numeric value. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you just want the display:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom: 00\/00\/00

If you want the entries to actually be XL dates, see

http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm