Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default modified if equation.

Hi all.
I'm interested in doing an if equation that will have a statement inlcuded
in my false answer.
I.e.,
=if(a1=e1,"ok","Amount short by: " a1-e1)
And for the false, my answer would become:
Amount short by: ....
Is it possible to do this?
I've tried with the above form and of course it doesn't work.
Thanks for your responses.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=if(a1=e1,"ok","Amount short by: " & a1-e1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 20, 5:06 pm, SteveDB1
wrote:
Hi all.
I'm interested in doing an if equation that will have a statement inlcuded
in my false answer.
I.e.,
=if(a1=e1,"ok","Amount short by: " a1-e1)
And for the false, my answer would become:
Amount short by: ....
Is it possible to do this?
I've tried with the above form and of course it doesn't work.
Thanks for your responses.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

doh!
why I didn't think about that, I'll never know.
I think that I once tried &&, and it gave me an error....
Thanks guys.
It works great.
Have a great day, evening, and weekend.

Try this:

wrote:
Hi all.
I'm interested in doing an if equation that will have a statement inlcuded
in my false answer.
I.e.,
=if(a1=e1,"ok","Amount short by: " a1-e1)
And for the false, my answer would become:
Amount short by: ....
Is it possible to do this?
I've tried with the above form and of course it doesn't work.
Thanks for your responses.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yeah, cheers Steve.

Pete

On Sep 20, 5:48 pm, SteveDB1
wrote:
doh!
why I didn't think about that, I'll never know.
I think that I once tried &&, and it gave me an error....
Thanks guys.
It works great.
Have a great day, evening, and weekend.

Try this:

wrote:
Hi all.
I'm interested in doing an if equation that will have a statement inlcuded
in my false answer.
I.e.,
=if(a1=e1,"ok","Amount short by: " a1-e1)
And for the false, my answer would become:
Amount short by: ....
Is it possible to do this?
I've tried with the above form and of course it doesn't work.
Thanks for your responses.- Hide quoted text -