Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Disappearing SERIES() forumla in chart

Excel 2007. Using a dynamic chart with named ranges which utilize the OFFSET
function. Here's what's happening...

I will create a data series in the chart with a formula such as:
=SERIES('Sheet1'!$AH$4,'WFG Finances.xlsx'!testlabels,'WFG
Finances.xlsx'!testvalues,1)

Once the series is created, I can then click to highlight the series on the
chart and I will then see the above formula listed in the function bar at the
top of the worksheet. HOWEVER...once I save, close, then open the workbook
the formula will no longer appear in the function bar when I highlight the
chart series.

There seems to be something particular with this workbook, but I cannot
figure out what it is. Here is what I have found thus far:

1. I can create an entirely new workbook with similar named ranges and
dymanic chart and I never see this problem. I can close and open the workbook
all day long and the formulas are always there.

2. Within the 'problem' workbook I have:

Deleted the charts and created new ones, but the problem persists. I have
deleted the named ranges, created new ones, and new charts, and the problem
persists. I have even created a brand new sheet, typed in some dummy data,
created brand new named ranges, and then a new chart on that sheet using
those ranges and the problem persists.

******

What I have yet to do is delete all my named ranges and recreate them and
their charts from scratch. I dread this approach due to the fact I have
nearly 20 named ranges and 6-7 charts to recreate. And of course I'm not even
sure this would work.

I am hoping someone has seen this before and knows a simple solution. I fear
that this is likely a case of some unknown 'corruption' somewhere in the
workbook and the only solution is to totally recreate the entire workbook.

Any ideas?

- fruitticher