Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default adding up number of people present at certain times

Is there any way to add up the number of people assigned to a specific area
on a rota AND at a specific time, so for example if on the rota I have 3
staff down to work on tills before 5pm and 6 staff on tills after 5pm, is
there a way excel could count through a range of cells and then display in
two seperate cells the number of staff rota'd on to tills before 5 and after
5?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hours 14:00
18:00
Dept. till 1

Hours 18:00
23:00
Dept. till 1

Hours 18:00
23:00
Dept. till 1

Ideally I would want two boxes one for evening and one for afternoon for
each position which would tell me how many people are assigned to each
position, in the above example it should return 1 person on till 1 in
afternoon <17:00 and 1 people on till 1 in evening 18:00
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

what does your data look like?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"bamboozled" wrote in message
Is there any way to add up the number of people assigned to a specific
area
on a rota AND at a specific time, so for example if on the rota I have 3
staff down to work on tills before 5pm and 6 staff on tills after 5pm, is
there a way excel could count through a range of cells and then display in
two seperate cells the number of staff rota'd on to tills before 5 and
after
5?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That data is not clear to me I am afraid. Is it Hours and 14:00 in one cell
or two? Is it all rows as you show or is one set on one row? And are there
blanks between?

--
---

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

what does your data look like?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"bamboozled" wrote in message
Is there any way to add up the number of people assigned to a specific
area
on a rota AND at a specific time, so for example if on the rota I have
3
staff down to work on tills before 5pm and 6 staff on tills after 5pm,
is
there a way excel could count through a range of cells and then display
in
two seperate cells the number of staff rota'd on to tills before 5 and
after
5?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry I should have checked the formatting before I posted, the hours and
Dept headings are in one column while the actual hours (14:00 etc.) are in a
seperate column, is the below any easier to understand?

A B C
Staff Hours 14:00
Member 18:00
Name Dept Till 1

The sheet is set out in this manner for approximately 20 staff members, at
the bottom of the sheet/new tab I would like a tally of how many people are
assigned to any particular department/till in two seperate periods
"afternoon" <18:00 and "evening" 18:00, hope this makes a littlemore sense