Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Worksheet name

I would like to refer to a worksheet name from a cell value
is there a formula equivalent to the VBA Worksheets(Range("A1").Value)
I want to use this in a vlookup function
=VLOOKUP(I27,Input!C10:D18,2,FALSE)
Where Input! would be replaced by Worksheets(Range("A1").Value)
and Range("A1")=Input
Thanks
--
caroline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This returns the worksheet name.
I want to do something different.
I have the worksheet name already in cell A1, and what to use this in a
formula.
Any idea.
Thanks
--
caroline

"caroline" wrote in message
I would like to refer to a worksheet name from a cell value
is there a formula equivalent to the VBA Worksheets(Range("A1").Value)
I want to use this in a vlookup function
=VLOOKUP(I27,Input!C10:D18,2,FALSE)
Where Input! would be replaced by Worksheets(Range("A1").Value)
and Range("A1")=Input
Thanks
--
caroline

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Caroline

Use INDIRECT()
=VLOOKUP(I27,INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!C10:D18"),2,FALSE)

Note the additional single quotes
INDIRECT( " ' "&A1 & " ' !C10:D18 ")

--
Regards