Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Compare worksheets for duplicates and copy data to 1st worksheet

I have two worksheets. One with 1000 rows of part numbers (SHEET1) and the
other with 16000 rows of part numbers (SHEET 2).

I would like to compare the sheets.

If "SHEET 2" has a matching part number in "SHEET 1"; then copy the data in
"SHEET 2" - columns B, C & D for that matching part number to "SHEET 1"
columns E, F & G. In other words add the information to the end of that row.

I can use VLookup, but end up with bunches of #N/A's that I would have to
delete. Is there a better way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JNW JNW is offline

You can still use VLookup just include an error test.

=if(iserror(vlookup("your arguments here")),"",vlookup("Same formula as
earlier"))

Instead of showing an error this will show nothing.
--
JNW