Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Embedded pdf file stack when Autofilter is applied

Hi,

I have a file where AutoFilter function is set to ON. I am using MS
Excel 2003.

I have about 50 rows of data with embedded pdf files in each row.
When a filter is applied, the pdf files just get stacked on top of one
another...how do I ground or associate each pdf file to a given row so
that when the filter is applied, there are no stacks of pdf files,
only the associated pdf file for that row is presented?

Thanks.

Sargum

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sargum

I believe that is not possible without programming. The ole objects
embeded in the WS are not linked to the cell you see them, rather they
are in a "transparent" layer on top of your ws. That is why when you
hide the cells, filtering the ws, you still can see the icons.

rg
Mika

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 10, 10:08 am, Mika wrote:
Hi Sargum

I believe that is not possible without programming. The ole objects
embeded in the WS are not linked to the cell you see them, rather they
are in a "transparent" layer on top of your ws. That is why when you
hide the cells, filtering the ws, you still can see the icons.

rg
Mika

Hi,

Thank you for your explanation...Do you have any code that would link
the "transparent" layer to the row?

Sargum

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sargum,

Even programming you canīt link them, what I meant is to create the
code to change the visible property of the object (pdf icon) to false
for those icons that should be filtered.

I suggest to post your question in the group
miscrosoft.public.excel.programming, somebody will show you ...

rgds
mika