Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default applying both Phil Peso & Euro decimal system in one spreadsheet

How do we apply the Philippine Peso (e.g. Php 1,450.00) and Euro decimal
(e.g. ‚¬1.450,00) in the same spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The safest way it to use a separate column to designate the relevant
currency, then you can apply appropriate conditions based on that column.
You could, of course, put your Euros and Pesos in different column if you
prefer that approach.
--
David Biddulph

"hsfmnl" wrote in message
How do we apply the Philippine Peso (e.g. Php 1,450.00) and Euro decimal
(e.g. ?1.450,00) in the same spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default applying both Phil Peso & Euro decimal system in one spreadshe

Thank you! We do, in fact, have the two columns (one Euro and the other PhP)
side by side. However, we are unable to have both currencies in one
spreadsheet.

We have tried changing the the setting under Tools Options International
Number Handling to change the Decimal separator field to "," and Thousands

Separator Field to "." to allow us to enter figures using the Euro decimal.

However, once we do that, all the amounts adopt the changes, including those
columns using PhP, which follows the US decimal system of "." for decimal
separator and "," for thousands separator.

Once we click "use system separators" or change the settings back to the the
defautl (US decimal system), all figures adopt the changes once again.

How do we maintain the two different decimal systems in separate columns
side by side in one single spreadsheet?

We have also tried 'protect document' by selecting designated columns first
but changes still apply to all figures int he sheet.

Would truly appreciate any help!!

thanks again!

hsfmnl

"hsfmnl" wrote in message
How do we apply the Philippine Peso (e.g. Php 1,450.00) and Euro decimal
(e.g. ?1.450,00) in the same spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I had thought that you were talking about different currencies, rather than
about thousands separator and decimal point. I certainly wouldn't expect to
find different systems for thousands separator and decimal point within the
same sheet.
--
David Biddulph