dflohn

Default How do I return entire rows in a lookup of one sheet to another?

I am trying to setup anohter sheet in Excel and have it do a lookup in the
first, and return all of the rows which meet the criteria ( Value in column
A). How can I do this?

hi,
you can't. the lookup functions in excel only return the
value in a single cell.
to do what you want you are possible looking at a macro.

CarlosAntenna

Two suggestions:

1) Rather than create another sheet, you could just filter the original list
based on the value in column A. Data Filter Autofilter then pull down
the list on column A and select the value you want.

2) If you need another sheet to make changes or something, you could do a
query of the data table using Data Import External Data New Database
Query.

-- Carlos