Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count filtered rows based on condition greater than forty

i need to count the number of filtered rows greater than 40 for a particular
column of data. i know we hav subtotal function, but donno how to giv a
condion?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Row 1 are column headers with filter
Data in the range A2:C10
You want to count based on column C

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C2:C10,ROW(C2:C10)-MIN(ROW(C2:C10)),,1)),--(C2:C1040))

Assume column C contains *only* numeric values, no text entries.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP