Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do you truncate 2.22 to just 0.22?

Say I have a list of cells with numbers, some even some odd and some
with trailing decimals like so.
2
2.33
2.833
2.99
3
3.5
4
4.22

How can I get rid of the WHOLE number ? I need to manipulate the part
that is not the whole number.
thnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Every simple problem has a multitude of solutions. Here are two
=A1-ROUND(A1,0)
=MOD(A1,ROUND(A1,0))

"Crackles McFarly" wrote:

Say I have a list of cells with numbers, some even some odd and some
with trailing decimals like so.
2
2.33
2.833
2.99
3
3.5
4
4.22

How can I get rid of the WHOLE number ? I need to manipulate the part
that is not the whole number.
thnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

For 2.833, =A1-ROUND(A1,0) yields -0.167 and =MOD(A1,ROUND(A1,0)) yields
2.833. Instead of using round, I think you intended to use rounddown or Int.

I think a simpler approach would be =Mod(A1,1)

"Crackles McFarly" wrote:

Say I have a list of cells with numbers, some even some odd and some
with trailing decimals like so.
2
2.33
2.833
2.99
3
3.5
4
4.22

How can I get rid of the WHOLE number ? I need to manipulate the part
that is not the whole number.
thnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 08:58:32 -0700, Mark Lincoln
sayd the following:

Here's another way:

=A1-TRUNC(A1)

Mark Lincoln

On Sep 3, 11:30 pm, Crackles McFarly wrote:
Say I have a list of cells with numbers, some even some odd and some
with trailing decimals like so.
2
2.33
2.833
2.99
3
3.5
4
4.22

How can I get rid of the WHOLE number ? I need to manipulate the part
that is not the whole number.
thnx

=ROUNDDOWN(60*ROUNDDOWN(C15,8)-(D15*60),0)

C15=TOTAL # OF MINS [EVEN ONES 60 MINS]
This gave me a whole number. If it was under 1 [=0] then it was under
one hour and starlight minutes, it rounded down and then rounded down
a number that was multiplied by 60 which is the upper limit in minutes
of one hour..

omg