Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there a way to compare one column with another?

How can I compare numbers in one column to make sure that the numbers in
another column are the same for each row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tammy,

Say your data is in columns A and E,
Input a helper column F
In F1 put =IF(A1=E1,"","Error")
Click on the fill handle and drag down as far as is needed.
It will return an Error when they aren't equal otherwise a blank.

You could also do it with conditional formatting.
Select all of your data in column E making sure E1 is the active cell
Go to DataConditional Formatting
And set Formula is =A1<E1
Click on format button and set a color for the cell
from the patterns tab and OK out.

HTH
Martin

"Tammy" wrote in message
How can I compare numbers in one column to make sure that the numbers in
another column are the same for each row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wooops

Go to DataConditional Formatting

That should read