-   -   Creating Nested If Fuctions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155826-creating-nested-if-fuctions.html)

Debra Lisa

Creating Nested If Fuctions

-- Creating Nested Functions using IF AND and IF OR
Help Please. Its for an assignment and I just can't get it.
The problem is as followed:
5 days for Full time employees who have worked 1 or more years.
3 days for Full time employees who have worked less than 1 year or for
part-time employees who have workd more than 2 years
0 days for everyone else.
Enter a formula using a nested If function to determine each employees's
total family leave time.(Hint: USe the And and OR functions.)

I'm using Excel 2003.

Thanks,

--
DLLewis

DLLewis

Tevuna

Creating Nested If Fuctions

In cell A1 enter TRUE if employee is a full-timer. In cell B1 enter the
number of years employed. Then enter paste this formula:
=IF(AND(A1,B1=1),5,IF(OR(A1,B1=2),3,0))

"Debra Lisa" wrote:

-- Creating Nested Functions using IF AND and IF OR
Help Please. Its for an assignment and I just can't get it.
The problem is as followed:
5 days for Full time employees who have worked 1 or more years.
3 days for Full time employees who have worked less than 1 year or for
part-time employees who have workd more than 2 years
0 days for everyone else.
Enter a formula using a nested If function to determine each employees's
total family leave time.(Hint: USe the And and OR functions.)

I'm using Excel 2003.

Thanks,

--
DLLewis

DLLewis

Bob Phillips

Creating Nested If Fuctions

and then explain to your tutor how you worked it out!

--
HTH

Bob

"Debra Lisa" wrote:

-- Creating Nested Functions using IF AND and IF OR
Help Please. Its for an assignment and I just can't get it.
The problem is as followed:
5 days for Full time employees who have worked 1 or more years.
3 days for Full time employees who have worked less than 1 year or for
part-time employees who have workd more than 2 years
0 days for everyone else.
Enter a formula using a nested If function to determine each employees's
total family leave time.(Hint: USe the And and OR functions.)

I'm using Excel 2003.

Thanks,

--
DLLewis

DLLewis

Debra Lisa

Creating Nested If Fuctions

Thanks for the help, and I will inform my instructor how I received this
answer.

--
DLLewis