Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default automatically add to cell formula

Here is my question:

1 2 3 4

$1.15 $1.17 $1.59 $1.43

'Data'!$G11 'Data'$G33 'Data'$G55 ????

I want to be able to automatically drag my formula across....each time
adding 22 to the cell reference.....so the next cell formula above would be
'Data'$G77...?
Right now I am doing this manually....any ideas?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in column A and copy across:

=INDIRECT("Data!G" & 11+22*(COLUMN()-1))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200739

"Tim Elhatton" wrote:

Here is my question:

1 2 3 4

$1.15 $1.17 $1.59 $1.43

'Data'!$G11 'Data'$G33 'Data'$G55 ????

I want to be able to automatically drag my formula across....each time
adding 22 to the cell reference.....so the next cell formula above would be
'Data'$G77...?
Right now I am doing this manually....any ideas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:24:00 -0700 from Tim Elhatton
:
1 2 3 4

$1.15 $1.17 $1.59 $1.43

'Data'!$G11 'Data'$G33 'Data'$G55 ????

I want to be able to automatically drag my formula across....each time
adding 22 to the cell reference.....so the next cell formula above would be
'Data'$G77...?

If Data is the name of other worksheet, then you forgot a bang mark
(!).

=indirect("'Data'!$G" & 22*col()-11)

--
"First prove what you're saying, then whine about it."
-- /The People's Court/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:41:45 -0400 from Stan Brown
:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:24:00 -0700 from Tim Elhatton
:
1 2 3 4

$1.15 $1.17 $1.59 $1.43

'Data'!$G11 'Data'$G33 'Data'$G55 ????

I want to be able to automatically drag my formula across....each time
adding 22 to the cell reference.....so the next cell formula above would be
'Data'$G77...?

If Data is the name of other worksheet, then you forgot a bang mark
(!).

=indirect("'Data'!$G" & 22*col()-11)

Gary's and I posted nearly the same thing, except that I should have
said column() and not col().

--
"First prove what you're saying, then whine about it."
-- /The People's Court/
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For some reason.....I can't get this to work....I will try and explain in
more detail and see if you can help me....I think we are close. Here is the
situation:
Sheet 2 is below
Q1 Q4 Forecast
7.090909091 0 28.52 (start at this cell)
12.52554745 0 12.58333333
0.878205128 0 0.874418605
0.02295082 0 0.02 (grab this one next)
0.566115702 0 2.267011197
6.487603306 0 25.33103646
0.157024793 0 0.38 (grab this one next)
0.120920746 0 0.118078061
0.081876457 0 0.085529097
1.107512319 0 1.15 (grab this one next)
Sheet 1 is below
Client Client Client Client
1 2 3 4
$28.52 $0.02 $0.38 $1.15

Sheet 1 draws information from sheet 2.
The results I want on Sheet 1 are shown above:
$28.52..$0.02 etc...
Your indirect I think will work...but it does not start at the top of Sheet 2.
Any chance you can help?
Thanks

"Tim Elhatton" wrote:

Here is my question:

1 2 3 4

$1.15 $1.17 $1.59 $1.43

'Data'!$G11 'Data'$G33 'Data'$G55 ????

I want to be able to automatically drag my formula across....each time
adding 22 to the cell reference.....so the next cell formula above would be
'Data'$G77...?
Right now I am doing this manually....any ideas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi there,
Can you please have another look at my 2nd post.....I am still having a
tough time getting what I need done....Thanks

"Tim Elhatton" wrote:

Here is my question:

1 2 3 4

$1.15 $1.17 $1.59 $1.43

'Data'!$G11 'Data'$G33 'Data'$G55 ????

I want to be able to automatically drag my formula across....each time
adding 22 to the cell reference.....so the next cell formula above would be
'Data'$G77...?
Right now I am doing this manually....any ideas?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:30:02 -0700 from Tim Elhatton
:
Could you have another look at my 2nd post....I am having a tough time
getting this done. Thanks

Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop. What is "this", what are you
trying to accomplish, and what have you tried?